Monday 4 July 2022

Taking ownership and making changes in my life

It is been a while since I have blogged on this site, and that is because many things have altered in the fact of my schedule since returning to write this blog. I have had a change of pace and it feels good to have that. What I mean is I not rushing into things, but taking my time. I like to reflect and see areas I can do that will further my wellbeing. 

To me Wellbeing is important because you start to see things that you love in your life and what you do not. I recently was becoming conscious of what I been eating as I kept having a bad stomach and was seeing that it is fizzy drinks. As I a kid I never could drink them, but in the last two years been drinking them everyday. Yet two days ago now I did have a bad stomach and yesterday was the first day not drinking a can of diet coke and drinking more water and only two days I feel a lot better. 

In writing this I have a can of coke on my desk, but trying to drink more water and so feel a little defeated so gonna keep trying to stir myself away and cut them down, so can have coke only for a few days. 

When I have not worked out I instantly will get up and do it, and feel good that I have done it. I don't do a long time, but enough for my energy. 

You don't have to do jam pack your day and I need to remember this too, because I do feel like right what can I do now, and stop watching videos, but these things I enjoy so I will do one task on my list and then as a reward will watch a video, or treated myself to another coffee. Rewarding myself makes me want to continue ticking off my daily to do.

I challenge myself and have been loving my monthly challenges. If you do not know what I am talking about, then check out my monthly newsletter and can find them on my blog site https://everyonecanbuildacastle.com  

This monthly challenge is to do a bit of training each day, as for me this helps as there are things I need to still learn. It fulfills me to do so, and made me take a look at myself, what new behaviour patterns can I undertake that helps me be a better person. 

I am aware of my actions, and so it good for me to work on myself to not raise my voice until I have taken a check on the situation better. Did I come across negative or positive?, Organising my mind helps me to work on my development, and helps me physically aswell. 

Have I been wrong? What happened when I took that action? and asking right question to get the right answer. Yet I kept finding that I had to answer to myself on everything I do, and questions can drive me crazy. I take a hold of myself and reflect, and spend time go through how I feel and what steps I can take to improve certain areas of myself without putting too much pressure on myself. Example: I journal and a practice I have done since a kid, and really help me to learn and be a better version of myself each time. 

You do have to take ownership on your action, like being defensive, being paranoid and avoiding situations, and be the person I know I am. I don't like confrontation, but being a parent has made me more protective. I know I have to work on my behaviour so he doesn't copy and I do see that I have to take of my actions, and take charge on myself, and relying on other people.

I do write books on 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment