Wednesday 21 August 2024

Staying on Track

So today I have tidied away some clothes washed and stripped my sons bed to wash his bedding and do my sons breakfast and helped get my son ready, taking him to his holiday club and the way I get things done now, is by taking my time. 


This morning I slept up until my alarm went off, 6:35am and I do like to get up before then, to work on projects but no, I am no longer giving myself a hard time over it and still got things done. 

Time isn't the problem, it's how it is used, and that there is enough hours in the day. 

It is about setting your goals, following healthy habits and living habits and have a good look at your calendar, so you can see what you have written and planned. Example: Each Friday I will set up a weekly planner, using Notion and brain dump of what I need to do, in a notebook and workout what I plan to do and when. I also like to do unplanned things, like when my mum and step dad are off or with my husband and son, go for walks and just exploring.

Give yourself a personal day. 

I have now gone more digital when it comes to getting things done and the Good thing about digital planners is that you can set reminders and set it up so others, like family if you have children who have appointments, spouse and what their plans are each week and day. Once it is saved it is there. With Notion I have the APP (no I am not sponsored but would love to be) so I can still see what I have planned to do whilst out and about, as I like to walk and exercise. You don't have scribbles everywhere, because plans can change and makes it easier to amend using my phone and it is free to use, if you choose the personal set up. 

I do a list in a notebook, but that stays on my desk and I like to use my notes app on my phone, if I need do some food shopping, blog ideas unless I have my writing gear with me, if I think of a book idea, start my song list for my radio show (I work on Epsom Hospital Radio on Sunday's 4pm to 6pm and you can listen to it if you are in the UK) and not having to carry too much around. 

People who know me. I have not always carried light bags and stored my world in them, but it can cause back ache and so I limit now, of what I carrying, depending on where I am going and who I am with. 

I then as I go through the day I will potter around, do a bit of tidying, pop out and really enjoy that, and have a mooch around the shops, having a coffee out or not always, buy an ice cream and in the summer go to a coffee shop or park to read my book. 

Not everyone has the luxury to do that, and I don't do this every day either, but when I do, I do enjoy it. 

Soon it will be all systems go again as our kids return to school and so going to try and make the most of the good weather and summer days before we have to put our coats back on.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 





No comments:

Post a Comment